The Most Valuable Jewels in the World
The Earth offers up many treasures. Some treasures are truly remarkable in size, quality, and value. Here’s a look at some of the most valuable jewels in the world.
9. The Beau Sancy Diamond, a 34.98 carat diamond, was owned by royalty in France, England, Prussia and the Netherlands before it sold for $9.7 million in 2012.
8. The Sun-Drop Diamond, the largest yellow diamond ever auctioned off, was given the highest color grading available for a diamond. It sold for $10.65 million in 2011.
7. Chopard’s Blue Diamond Ring, valued around $16.26 million, features an incredibly rare blue diamond that is considered flawless.
6. The Heart of The Ocean diamond may be recognizable to you if you watched the movie “Titanic.” Although the diamond in the movie was fictitious, a replica was created with a real 15 carat blue diamond and worn to the 1998 Academy Awards by Gloria Stuart. The piece would end up selling for $20 million.
5. Pink diamonds are heralded as some of the most flawless gemstones in the world, with incredible depth of color and clarity. An extremely rare pink diamond, called the Princie Diamond, which consists of 34.65 carats, sold for $39 million in 2013.
4. The Graff Pink is considered by many to be the most expensive piece of jewelry in the world. It is a flawless 24.78 karat pink diamond that fetched $46 million at auction when it was sold in 2010.
3. The Pink Star, a flawless 59.60-carat pink diamond with extraordinary color, will be auctioned off in December 2013, and is expected to sell for over $54 million.
2. The Hope diamond, 45.52 carats, on display in the Smithsonian, is one of the most valuable gems in the world. Despite its reputation as being a cursed jewel, the stunning Hope diamond is valued at $350 million.
1. One of the most valuable diamonds in the world, the Cullinan diamond, which weighs in at a whopping 3106.75 carats, is worth $400 million.
You may not have one of the Crown Jewels, but your special jewelry still means the world to you. Trust Fast Fix, your Tucson Jewelry Store. Not only are they your one-stop shop for Jewelry in Tucson, but they also offer Jewelry Repair as well.